Sunday 26 June 2016

Inspired by Dolores Delargo Towers...


"Show Girl"


"Hollywood Affairs"


"Hollywood Hassle"

...these rather marvellous creations are the work of Robert "Bobby" Woods, a pop artist from London now residing in South Africa.

A little while ago I received a private message via my YouTube account from him: "I came across your blog Dolores Delargo Towers - Museum of Camp, as I am working on a new piece using Bette Midler as Deloris Delargo. I was having trouble trying to make this work until I saw your blog, it has lots of fabulous old star glamour. I would like to feature you and your blog in the tag.."

Of course, I said yes - and these are the result. I am flattered! They are gorgeous.

Visit Bobby's pop.art.place pages on Instagram for more.

9 comments:

  1. They really are quite stunning!!! I'd buy them !!! How cool for the artist to reach out to you.....very nice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know if he sells them or not, but they are good enough to have framed - of that I have no doubt. Jx

      Delete
    2. mistress maddie you look like a very interesting subject. Walking Art to Pop Art.

      All my art is for sale, but as an limited edition
      FB @bobbywoodspopart IN pop.art.place TW bobbydazzzler

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thank you dear. It is a nice feeling; to know my enthusiasms are not entirely unrecognised... Jx

      Delete
  3. You were already a genius, a comedian, and a man about town....and now you're a muse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Flattery will get you everywhere, my dear... Jx

      Delete
  4. Thank you very much for sharing my art and of course my inspiration Bx

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]