Friday 19 August 2016

I don’t do fashion, I am fashion





"A girl should be two things: classy and fabulous."

"Some people think luxury is the opposite of poverty. It is not. It is the opposite of vulgarity."

"In order to be irreplaceable, one must always be different."

"I don’t do fashion, I am fashion."

"You live but once; you might as well be amusing."

"A woman can be over dressed but never over elegant."

"Only those with no memory insist on their originality."

"Fashion changes, but style endures."

"Nature gives you the face you have at twenty. Life shapes the face you have at thirty. But at fifty you get the face you deserve."

"I don’t care what you think about me. I don’t think about you at all."




Gabrielle Bonheur "Coco" Chanel (19th August 1883 – 10th January 1971)

4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. ""One cannot be forever innovating. I want to create classics." - Mme Chanel, again.

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Thanks Jon -- I'm so "appropriating" those quotes!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. “My life didn't please me, so I created my life.”

      Coco was full of 'em... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]