Wednesday 12 December 2018

Landmarks on my map







“I've got a mink from Paris,
A ring from Rome,
A whole new wardrobe in my home;
A tune from Teddy,
An Ashworth snap -
These are the landmarks on my map.
I've got just what I always wanted”

- Mari Wilson

As featured in today's Guardian, there's a faboo exhibition of 80s photography by the legendary Peter Ashworth, snapper to the stars, on in London at the moment.

Every one of these photos is iconic - literally a "snapshot" of an important era in my life.

I must go!

Mavericks - a photographic show by Peter Ashworth is on at the Lever Gallery in Goswell Road, Clerkenwell, and has been extended to 20th December 1018 by popular demand.

6 comments:

  1. believe it or don't, the only photo I recognized is annie lennox. shows ya what I know (nothing)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What? Not even Tina Turner? Or (the former) Johnny Rotten, aka John Lydon? As for (at least some of) the others, maybe you'd know their music rather than their faces... Jx

      Delete
  2. I know it's mainly a sign of getting old, but I truly believe the art and the music and the styles of the 80s were just more interesting and bold and amusing than now. These darn kids today....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These darn kids, indeed - one half is desperate to be "urban" and "ghetto", and the other half adores whiny singer-songwriters. There is no style nor glamour in pop anymore. Jx

      Delete
  3. I think the phrase is "If it weren't for those pesky kids"
    Hope that helps and yes I agree with mrpeenee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Scooby-Dooby-Doo!" (Or was it "Rooby-Rooby-Roo!"?)... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]