Monday 1 July 2019

All I want is a photo in my wallet, a small remembrance of something more solid



[Photos from the great lady's photoshoot with Andy Warhol in 1980]

It's our Patron Saint of Pouting's 74th birthday today! How did that happen?

Not resting on her laurels one iota, Miss Debbie Harry (for it is of course she) has written her autobiography - titled Face It - which is due out in October. Of it, she said in an interview with Rolling Stone earlier this year: "I realised I have led a very full life and couldn’t possibly cover everything... It’s such a long period of time, and there’s so much to tell, that I couldn’t really isolate a lot of little stories and events... [it's about] the way we got through and maintained and continued and carried on through all that time from my sort of warped little perspective.”

Well, that's my birthday present sorted...

Many happy returns, Deborah Ann Harry (born Angela Trimble, 1st July 1945)

6 comments:

  1. she wore that outfit in "rapture": https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pHCdS7O248g

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was never Dame Shirley Bassey (who, reputedly, never would be seen in the same frock twice!)... Jx

      Delete
  2. Indeed, how did that happen?! I'd like to read her book, too. Thanks for the heads up.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  3. She was born on the same day as our Norma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As was Olivia De Havilland, with whom I believe Norma went to school. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]