Monday 28 October 2019

Not my father's legs



"My mother said to me, ‘You’re no oil painting, my girl, but you have the spark. Thank God you’ve got my legs and not your father’s!’”

"I have always resented the comments that it was I who was the homewrecker of Larry's marriage to Vivien Leigh. Danny Kaye was attached to Larry far earlier than I."

"Nothing is so sexy in a man as talent."






Sharing a birthday, as she does, with another mixed bag of luminaries including Hank Marvin, Dame Cleo Laine, Elsa Lanchester, Joaquin Phoenix, Francis Bacon, Caitlyn Jenner, Auguste Escoffier, Edith Head, Suzy Parker, David Dimbleby, Matt Smith, Bill Gates and Julia Roberts, the lovely Dame Joan Plowright blows out 90 candles on her cake today!

All hail.

Many happy returns, Joan Ann Olivier, The Lady Olivier, DBE (née Plowright; born 28th October 1929)

Read about our Audience with Dame Joan back in 2014.

2 comments:

  1. A wonderful woman and a great actress

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As she said to Maggie Smith, Judi Dench and Eileen Atkins: "I was a Lady before I was a Dame!" Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]