Wednesday 25 January 2017

First Class









From the NME:
David Bowie is to be honoured with a set of 10 Royal Mail tribute stamps.

Six of the stamps will feature images of Bowie album covers: Hunky Dory, Aladdin Sane, Heroes, Let’s Dance, Earthling and Blackstar.

The remaining four stamps will feature images of Bowie performing live on different tours: 1972’s The Ziggy Stardust Tour, 1978’s The Stage Tour, 1983’s The Serious Moonlight Tour and 2004’s A Reality Tour.

The Beatles in 2010 and Pink Floyd in 2015 are the only previous music acts to be honoured with an entire “stamp issue” of this kind. Bowie is the first solo music artist to be honoured by Royal Mail in this way.

Royal Mail’s Philip Parker said in a statement: “For five decades David Bowie was at the forefront of contemporary culture, and has influenced successive generations of musicians, artists, designers and writers. Royal Mail’s stamp issue celebrates this unique figure and some of his many celebrated personas.”
The stamps will go on sale on 14th March but fans can pre-order now from the Royal Mail website.

4 comments:

  1. I've just had my Royal Mail email about these.... I think I will be ordering some soon.... and perhaps I can write to some of my blogging friends.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel a postal order coming on.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Signed, Sealed, Delivered (He's Yours)"

      Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]