Saturday 7 January 2017

This weekend, I am mostly dressing casual...





...just like our first centenarian of 2017, Miss Jane Wyman!

"I was always being sent film and television scripts like Baby Jane or playing a lesbian, and I didn't want to do that. But when I was sent the pilot script for Falcon Crest, I could see so many facets to the character."

"Jack Warner would never put me into any of their costume epics. He said I had the wrong looks. I think Jack was probably right."

"I never go into anything except with both feet and a lot of enthusiasm."

"Women are like tea bags. You never know how strong they are until you put them in hot water."

"Where else can you meet such fascinating people and go to such places as people in our business do? It's a fabulous life."


Jane Wyman (born Sarah Jane Mayfield, 5th January 1917 – 10th September 2007)

2 comments:

  1. She was downright delicious as Angela Channing. She would have made a fabulous first lady too, had she still been married to Reagan.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Had Miss Wyman still been married to Reagan the world might have been a better place, as he would probably have remained an actor and not bestowed upon the world the hogwash of his presidency... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]