Friday 15 May 2020

Who on earth has a "butt double" these days?









“The men may be the head of the house, but the women are the neck and they can turn the head any way they want.”

“I get a sensual feeling from my own singing voice. When I am right, whether I'm moaning or winging it, I just fly. I soar. I get all caught up in myself. And baby, when that happens, you just know the audience has to be with me, having a ball.”

“I had a butt double in Lust In The Dust.”

“I’ve reinvented myself over and over again. It’s hard work but I enjoy my career... I’m proud of my ability to survive.”

“In the 60’s you had to cover your breasts so that no cleavage would show. They would put gauze over my breasts. Dean [Martin] came on the air and looked down at my chest and said, 'Your net, doesn’t cover your gross.'”


The Matriarch of All She Surveys is 80 years old today.

Many happy returns, Miss Lainie Kazan (born Lainie Levine, 15th May 1940)!

[More of Miss Kazan here]

4 comments:

  1. I like that dean martin quote. she was the mom in "my big fat greek wedding".

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She's played more "Momma" roles than most actresses - she was even cast as Bette Midler's mother in Beaches, despite being only five years older than her! Jx

      Delete
  2. Alas....the only things im familiar with Lainie Kazan were Lust in the Dust and Beaches. And of course on the Nanny where she played Renee Taylor's sister and Fran's jewish aunt, Freida Fine.

    All enjoyable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We have her self-titled first album, and she's rather a good singer. Worth exploring, I suggest. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]