Tuesday 20 December 2011

The sweetest-smelling actress



"Popularity is a curious thing. The public responds to a dimple, a smile, a giggle, a hairstyle, an attitude. Acting talent has less to do with it than personality."

"I know all the swear words. I just don`t use them. There are worse things in life than being called a Lady."

[Cary Grant] "said I had perfect timing in comedy and that I was the sweetest-smelling actress he ever worked with."

"I love beautiful things, but a woman who considers herself best dressed usually spends all of her time at it."


Irene Dunne (20th December 1898 - 4th September 1990)

Read my previous tribute to the lovely Miss Dunne over at Give 'em the old Razzle Dazzle back in 2009

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]