Tuesday 2 May 2017

“Grand and fabulous? That’ll do.”











"I adore clothes, I adore drinking. I just don't have the time or the inclination to totally indulge in it."

"If your career is not predicated on just your physical beauty, you're able to project a sophistication. You can take sophisticated to your grave. You can be that worldly woman, that woman who looks beautiful dressed up."

"You have to hold your bloody own or you're lost."

"I'm sad to say that stardom is a commodity in our culture."

"The very thing that brings you to success can also be like a curse, because then people think that's all you can do."

"I have a kind of remarkable ability to, for want of a better phrase, get what I want."

“Grand and fabulous? That’ll do.”


The utterly fabulosa Christine Baranski celebrates her 65th birthday today.

All hail!

12 comments:

  1. I have always thought Christine Baranski would be fun to have a drink with.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Just the one, dear? Jx

      Delete
    2. Cybill: "You know what is amazing, Maryann?"

      Maryann: "They make vodka from wheat."

      Jx

      Delete
  2. I adore her, and I feel she is much under used. She's fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love her! She always cracks me up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too - she was utterly perfect as "Phyllis" in the glittering production of Follies at the Royal Albert Hall... Jx

      Delete
  4. Fabulous! Her cameo in Jeffrey, and her role in The Birdcage were particular highlights for me. Plus, her uncredited role as Ruth Bender (voice only) in Now and Again - a show gone before its time, sadly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As the lady herself says: “I’m usually someone who’s kind of foxy with great lines. I always say that my career has been great one-liners and great clothes. I’ve been lucky."

      Jx

      PS Her leading the "square dance" in Jeffrey still makes me hoot.

      Delete
  5. My mother in law thought I was being rude about her when I said "she has a comedian's face."

    Christine Baranski, not my mother in law

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ha! It does sound a bit of a double-edged compliment... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]