Friday 28 October 2011

Hallowe'en weekend...



...and it's Elsa Lanchester's birthday. Be afraid.
On Maureen O'Hara: "She looked as if butter wouldn't melt in her mouth - or anywhere else. "

on Patty Duke: "I thought she was a Method Actress. Afterwards somebody informed me that she was merely a manic-depressive."
But she met her match in Marlene Dietrich (of course!), who said of her: "Poor Elsa Lanchester. She left England because it already had a queen - Victoria. And she wanted to be queen of the Charles Laughton household once he became a star, but he already had the role."

Cult Sirens website entry for Elsa Lanchester (28 October 1902 – 26 December 1986)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]