Monday 26 March 2012

Miss Ross











"You can't just sit there and wait for people to give you that golden dream. You've got to get out there and make it happen for yourself."

"I don't judge people by their sexual orientation or the color of their skin, so I find it really hard to identify someone by saying that they're a gay person or a black person or a Jewish person."

"I think a responsibility comes with notoriety, but I never think of it as power. It's more like something you hold, like grains of sand. If you keep your hand closed, you can have it and possess it, but if you open your fingers in any way, you can lose it just as quickly."

"Just because I have my standards they think I'm a bitch."

"Hair has always been important."


Diana Ross (born 26th March 1944)

More Diana Ross

6 comments:

  1. Wonderful tribute to the Supreme Diva! xoxoMM

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous - just fabulous!!!

    I have a book called "Going Back" which is filled with stunning photos of her from througout her whole career. My boyfriend even got me two huge custom made B&W posters with photos of her from the 70s that hang framed in my living room. She was completely in her own league back then - and in many ways still is.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Somehow, just somehow, I guessed you might like this post. Just a little :-)
      Jx

      Delete
  3. Oh OK, I'll admit it - I did like it juuuuuuust a little ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are some classic pics. And quotes!

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]