Tuesday 23 October 2018

In case anyone's stuck for a Xmas gift idea pour moi...


Marie Antoinette loved a pearl necklace - why shouldn't I?



















I may have missed the exhibition:
Sotheby’s London presents an exhibition of highlights from the upcoming Magnificent Jewels and Noble Jewels auctions in Geneva, including the most important royal jewellery collection to ever come to auction, Royal Jewels from the Bourbon Parma Family. Each sale features a marvellous array of signed jewels from prominent designers and jewellery makers, together with remarkable precious stones such as spectacular blue diamonds, antique jewellery, and jewels once owned by the most important ruling families of Europe, including Queen Marie-Antoinette.
20 – 21 October | 12pm – 5pm
22 October | 9am – 4.30pm
...but the auction is not until 14th November in Geneva, so you have plenty of time.

6 comments:

  1. GORGEOUS! I bet you would look FABU in any of those pieces! so would maddie...

    for a moment, I thought these baubles belonged to HM QEII.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll have that tiara in a box, if you're offering... Jx

      Delete
  2. I'd stay away from Marie Antoinette's jewelry, given what happened to the neck that once was adorned in those jewels.

    I'm sure you've enjoyed many stunning pearl necklaces and looked spectacular!


    Gorgeous jewels!


    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We're just grateful that the jewels escaped the Revolution, whereas the wearer unfortunately didn't - such a stunning collection! Jx

      Delete
  3. Wow ! can I have the sapphire and the tiara please.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]