Tuesday 12 November 2019

Grace and favour



“I would like to be remembered as a person who did her job well. An understanding, kind and decent human being.”

“I’ve been accused of being cold, snobbish, distant. Those who know me well know that I’m nothing of the sort. If anything, the opposite is true. But is it too much to ask to want to protect your private life, your inner feelings?”

“The idea of my life as a fairy tale is itself a fairy tale.”

“I'm basically a feminist. I think that women can do anything they decide to do.”








Princess Grace of Monaco would have celebrated her 90th birthday today. One of the most beautiful faces in Hollywood, taken away too soon.

Grace Patricia Kelly (12th November 1929 – 14th September 1982)

8 comments:

  1. homegirl, so RECOGNIZE!

    https://philly.curbed.com/2018/5/18/17367440/grace-kelly-childhood-home-restoration-east-falls-albert-monaco-princess

    this home is about 45 minutes away from my location.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed, she was on record as saying: "Home is here in Philadelphia. I never like to be away too long."

      Jx

      Delete
  2. There's a hospital named after her in London

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. A private hospital now owned by an American private healthcare company... There's also "Princess Grace Challenge Cup" at Henley Regatta which was named in her memory, and that of her father (a champion rower, who was refused entry to the competition because he was not considered an "amateur"). Jx

      Delete
  3. She's one of the stars of my favorite movie: Rear Window.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. My fave Hitchcock film in which she starred was Dial M For Murder! Jx

      Delete
  4. She was a class act.
    Love her to bits
    and she was fab in 'Rear Window'.

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]