Friday 21 August 2020

The Sister











“Disobedience is my joy!”

“When my sister and I were growing up, she was made out to be the goody-goody one. That was boring, so the press tried to make out that I was as wicked as hell.”

“The Queen is the only person who can put on a tiara with one hand, while walking down stairs.”


[When a party hostess asked after "the Queen"]: "Which one? My sister, my mother or my husband?"

“I’m no angel, but I’m no Bo-Peep either.”

“My children are not royal; they just happen to have the Queen for their aunt.”


Princess Margaret, Countess of Snowdon (21st August 1930 – 9th February 2002)

11 comments:

  1. she should have been allowed to marry peter townsend.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth be told, no-one really knows how serious she was about him in the first place. What I can gather, he leaked the story about the marriage proposal before anyone was ready (and before Margaret had actually made up her own mind), the tabloids made a meal of it, and her (supposedly tearful) public statement was actually in her own words, and not forced upon her by the Palace. Jx

      Delete
    2. Huh? The bloke from the Who?

      Delete

  2. The Last Truly Royal Princess.
    One just has to love her with all the faults and mistakes she made.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Whatever mistakes she made, she seems to have had great fun making them. Jx

      Delete
  3. I have loved watching The Crown, it's seriously addictive - how true it is I don't know, but it has helped me to understand Princess Margaret a little better. Fascinating times.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I suspect somehow - and I have never watched it - that it may be about as near to the truth as The Tudors was to historial accuracy. Jx

      Delete
  4. I always adored her. I want to be like her in my older age. Course, Id rather enjoy her grandson Authur.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Margaret Rose, more like Margaret Tiger Lily. A true beauty who did not suffer fools.
    -Rj

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]