Monday 9 November 2020

Through art, you create your own world

Another day, another Guinness...

...but when that particular scion of the brewing and banking dynasty is Daphne - then there is nothing or nobody who can even come close!

"I just am who I am. And then when people label me eccentric or different, I'm kind of astonished because I think, 'This is completely normal. This is just how I am, it's how I've always been.'"

"If I think about it too much, I can't get dressed."

"I don't regard clothing as disposable, which is probably why I have so much of it!"

"When I think my hair needs a bit of help, I just glue another bit onto my head."

"I don't tell anybody else what to wear. I would never dream of it."

"I don't do event dressing, because every day is an event."

"Through art, you create your own world."

She certainly does that:

Many happy returns, Daphne Diana Joan Susanna Guinness (born 9th November 1967)

More Daphne here

10 comments:

  1. IDK...she looks a bit out there, like lady gaga...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We do NOT mention the "G-word" around these parts. Daphne Guinness is an original. She never stole her looks nor her "persona" from anyone, unlike some... Jx

      Delete
  2. One of the few truly campy and Avant garde! A couple years ago from a distance, in a club in NYC, I caught a brief glimpse of her once at a cabaret performance that Amanda had. Later while sitting together I spotted her with Amanda and Kyle Farmery. They made Amanda appear to look like a everyday person...which is no small feat.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No mean feat, indeed.

      Our Daphne knows everybody! [And they're all FOMJs - Friends Of Marc Jacobs. Of course.] Jx

      Delete
  3. Ah, so that's who influences Star Trek Discovery's Kelpian footwear fashions!

    Is there a number I can call to have a light-up headress-wearing almost naked pink spaceman delivered, do you know?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had to click through several photos from that link to see what you were on about - but, as suspected, Miss Guinness's fashions are indeed from another planet, it seems.

      Ad for the Dial-a-Spaceboy service, I would imagine there's an app somewhere for it. Like Just Eat or Uber.

      Jx

      Delete
  4. Her completely Normal looks good on her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Daphne Guinness transcended "normal" a long time ago! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]