Wednesday 16 August 2023

Strike a Pose


Photo by Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott


Photo by Bruce Weber


Photo by Steven Meisel


Photo by Patrick Demarchelier


Photo by Lorenzo Agius


Photo by Helmut Newton

“I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art.”

“I have the same goal I've had ever since I was a girl. I want to rule the world.”

“Effeminate men intrigue me more than anything in the world. I see them as my alter egos. I feel very drawn to them. I think like a guy, but I'm feminine. So I relate to feminine men."

“I'm tough, ambitious, and I know exactly what I want. If that makes me a bitch, okay. Sometimes you have to be a bitch to get things done.”

Our Glorious Leader is 65 today.

Facts:

  • With sales of over 300 million records worldwide, Madonna is the best-selling female recording artist of all time. She is the most successful solo artist in the history of the US Billboard Hot 100 chart and has achieved the most number-one singles by a woman in Australia, Canada, Italy, Spain, and the UK.
  • She received 28 Grammy Awards nominations and has won seven of them.
  • For her role as Eva Perón in Evita, she gained the Guinness World Record for the most costume changes in a movie (85 in total).
  • She was on record as the highest-grossing concert tour for a female artist for her Confessions tour in 2006, then broke that record just two years later with the Sticky and Sweet tour in 2008. She is the highest-grossing female touring artist worldwide, selling over US$1.5 billion from her concert tickets.
  • Madonna’s legendary Super Bowl halftime performance in 2012 garnered 114 million total viewers, more than the actual game itself.

All Hail!

Many happy returns to a true Diva - Madonna Louise Ciccone (born 16th August 1958).

And before anyone goes off on one about how she looks today, read this excellent piece from the Irish Examiner...

8 comments:

  1. Madge is, was and always be tops
    and as Cher might say -
    Ga Ga, WHO !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed. She is, and always will be "Queen of Fucking Everything"! Jx

      Delete
  2. There's only ONE Madonna.
    I'm one of her gays. When I saw her Lucky Star video I was mesmerized. She was literally me. When I saw her coming down that cake in that first MTV music awards? I was smitten. I've been a fan since forever and will forever be a fan. I'll see her here in Chi in February (she rescheduled!!) and it'll be my fourth time doing so.
    I don't care what she does to her face, BTW. If I had her money, I'd do the same.
    Long live the QUEEN.

    XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Genuflecting as we speak...

      I have loved her since the beginning! I had a special affinity with her in the 1980s when Like a Virgin came out. I had only just lost mine 🤣.

      In the forty years since then, there are very few things she's released that I didn't like! Jx

      Delete
  3. Get out. 65! Good for her. She needs to ease into it. Accept it. Relish it. Evolve it. She needs to age on her own terms, not those of a plastic surgeon. Will always adore her. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I only wish she would have had the guts to age naturally like Lauren Bacall or Diane Keaton... Still adore her, regardless! Jx

      Delete
  4. She is a heroine. Though I do agree with Mr Tonking, she does not need the plastic surgeon.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hopefully her brush with sepsis may deter her from the plastic surgery addiction. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]