Friday 20 October 2023

She was a killer Camilla

More sad news today - the very lovely and talented Miss Haydn Gwynne has ascended the glittering stairway to Fabulon.

In her estimable career, she hit peak-time telly success as the arch-cynic "Alex Pates" in Drop the Dead Donkey, was lauded for her stage performances in Billy Elliot the Musical, City of Angels and The Threepenny Opera, and she played "Camilla" in the Channel Four sitcom The Windsors, Margaret Thatcher in The Audience (opposite Dame Helen Mirren), and a character based on Dame Prue Leith in The Great British Bake Off Musical. Phew!

We saw her twice on stage - as "Evangeline Harcourt" in Anything Goes, and her brilliant performances in the Sondheim tribute gala Old Friends

Such a sad loss...

[If you've ever dreamed of Trump getting kneed in the bollocks by Camilla Parker-Bowles, look on...]

RIP, Haydn Gwynne (5th October 1957 – 20th October 2023)

13 comments:

  1. I'm not sure how familiar she was over here, but I would swear to God I've seen her in two episodes of Midsummer murders.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You did indeed - she appeared in that series in 20024 and again in 2011. Probably a victim in both episodes, but I wouldn't know. Never watched it. Jx

      Delete
    2. Also was Nice Work ever shown in America?

      Delete
    3. Don't know if Drop the Dead Donkey would be, too wrapped up in British culture

      Delete
    4. I have no idea about the series Hard Work. Indeed, I never heard of it. Jx

      PS British comedies and dramas are wildly popular Stateside. Most likely our social satire, less so.

      Delete
  2. This is really sad. She was brilliant as Alex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was brilliant all round! A sad loss. Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Only six years older than me? I'd say so! Jx

      Delete
  4. So sad.
    I thought she was lovely and such a multi talented actress.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was breath-taking in the Sondheim gala! Jx

      Delete
  5. She will be missed. I loved The Windsors.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. To our eternal shame, we never watched it... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]