Friday, 21 August 2026

On the Jukebox this Weekend at Dolores Delargo Towers

8 comments:

  1. Thor Erics - På jakt efter dej sounded just as I imagined; bloody awful.
    What amazes me is that their career lasted from 1963 right up until 1999. - How / Why !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, sweet mystery of life. Like in the Eurovision Song Contest, we'll never understand the types of music that appeal to people in foreign climes... Jx

      Delete
  2. I'm glad it's Martinis plural as I shall need far more than one to get over the Thor Erics.
    Roger McDuff in that suit (but minus the motorbike helmet hair-do) reminds me of Gene Hackman as Lex Luthor in the first Superman film.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm with Noel Coward on the subject of Martinis - they should be made by “filling a glass with gin then waving it in the general direction of Italy.”

      Mr Mc Duff reminds me more of Sophia Petrillo in The Golden Girls. Jx

      Delete
  3. The Thur Eriks looked too much like the trendy gospel singers in USA...so I didn't dare play it!
    I'm with Noel Coward!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankfully, Madam Arcati did the Google search to find music by them so we don't have to. Needless to say, it's not worth seeking out.

      I agree with Dear Noel, too - gin is far too good to be adulterated by something as horrid as vermouth! Jx

      Delete
  4. Just listening to Jackie Gleason Presents Music, Martinis, and Memories while doing the dishes and waiting for my Valium to kick in.
    He is a bit too lacklustre for my taste give me a bit of Victor Silvester any day.
    Here we go, slow, slow, quick, quick, quick, slow.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wow! You certainly are dedicated to locating the music behind these bizarre and wonderful LP covers... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]