Thursday 5 April 2012

"I am just too much"























"Acting should be bigger than life. Scripts should be bigger than life. It should all be bigger than life."

"An affair now and then is good for a marriage. It adds spice, stops it from getting boring... I ought to know."

"When a man gives his opinion he's a man. When a woman gives her opinion she's a bitch."

"Why am I so good at playing bitches? I think it's because I'm not a bitch. Maybe that's why Miss Crawford always plays ladies."

"Everybody has a heart. Except some people."

"In this business, until you're known as a monster you're not a star."

"Old age is no place for sissies."

"That's me: an old kazoo with some sparklers."

"I am just too much."


Ruth Elizabeth "Bette" Davis (5th April 1908 – 6th October 1989)

6 comments:

  1. go on girl, work it, but don't wreck it!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've just learned that I'm only a year younger than Miss Davis was when she filmed Whatever Happened to Baby Jane?. This is not a happy thought.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But can you get those expressions right? Jx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. And she never thought of herself as photogenic... Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]