Wednesday 9 April 2014

I can think of nothing more kinky than a prince chasing a swan around all night









"[He is] talented, enthusiastic, extremely intelligent... witty, cute as a monkey, quick as a squirrel, has a sense of theatre and his own possible achievements therein... academically technically weak, lacking in concentration, too fond of a good time and too busy having it." - Dame Ninette De Valois







"Aren't all ballets sexy? I think they should be. I can think of nothing more kinky than a prince chasing a swan around all night."

"Theatre remains the only thing I understand. It is in the community of the theatre that I have my being. In spite of jealousies and fear, emotional conflicts and human tensions; in spite of the penalty; in spite of tears and feverish gaiety - this is the only life I know. It is the life I love."

"The trouble with nude dancing is that not everything stops when the music does."


Sir Robert Helpmann CBE (9th April 1909 – 28th September 1986)

And here, for your delectation is his masterclass Steps of the Ballet:



Our previous entry for the great man.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]