Sunday 1 May 2016

Fuck it, jump for joy!













She's seventy years old, you know...

"I find it a great antidote... lipstick and mirrors and hairspray."

"You only have one go at life, which is thrilling. Only you can make yourself into who you want to be. Don't blame anybody else. You are entitled to free fresh air, and that's it. Do the rest yourself."

"I've never felt the constraints of social acceptability."

"If you haven't got taste, money doesn't matter: You'll always look ghastly."

"Getting older isn’t a sin. If you’re alive, you’ll get old. There is no point denying it. Fuck it, if you’ve done how much I’ve done, you are just jumping for joy when you hit my age!"


Joanna Lamond Lumley, OBE FRGS (born 1st May 1946)

4 comments:

  1. "Absolutely Fabulous" could be her middle name.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love her. I still can remember her appearance on Are You Being Served?.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She was briefly married to Jeremy Lloyd, who co-wrote the series, apparently. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]