Thursday 16 August 2018

I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name



"When you're 25, it's a little bit easier to be daring, especially if you are a pop star, because eccentric behaviour is expected from you."



"I always thought I should be treated like a star."



"I know I'm not the greatest singer or dancer, but that doesn't interest me. I'm interested in being provocative and pushing people's buttons."



"If I was a girl again, I would like to be like my fans, I would like to be like Madonna."



"My physical transformations - like changing my hair - are usually a reflection of what's inspiring me at the moment."



"When I'm hungry, I eat. When I'm thirsty, I drink. When I feel like saying something, I say it."



"I am my own experiment. I am my own work of art."



"If I can't be daring in my work or the way I live my life, then I don't really see the point of being on this planet."



"I think in the end, when you're famous, people like to narrow you down to a few personality traits. I think I've just become this ambitious, say-whatever's-on-her-mind, intimidating person. And that's part of my personality, but it's certainly not anywhere near the whole thing."



"There are moments when I can't believe I'm as old as I am. But I feel better physically than I did 10 years ago. I don't think, Oh God, I'm missing something."



"I sometimes think I was born to live up to my name. How could I be anything else but what I am having been named Madonna? I would either have ended up a nun or this."



"I've never really lived a conventional life, so I think it's quite foolish for me or anyone else to start thinking that I am going to start making conventional choices."


The Queen of Fuckin' Everything, Madonna is 60 years old today.

ALL HAIL!

Madonna Louise Ciccone (born 16th August 1958)

6 comments:

  1. Hail Madonna, indeed. Although, I'm slightly disappointed that Madonna Dawn and Madonna Jennifer aren't here with a massive tureen of chocolate soup...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Truth or Dare? Show us how you do... a blow-DRY!" [shrieks]

      or

      "I fill this bra, you know?"

      Indeed.

      Jx

      Delete
  2. Icon! Still love "Express Yourself", "Vogue", and "Like A Prayer". When she came out with Ray of Light, I was like, she has ascended from Pop/Dance musician to iconic artist! Was blown by "Frozen", jazzed by "Ray of Light", and loved "Nothing Really Matters."

    But I still love the classics, "Into the Groove", "Open Your Heart", and "Holiday"!

    Happy birthday, Madonna! There has never been and never will be another musical force and catalyst like you.


    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]