Saturday 17 June 2023

I like being gay. I wouldn’t want to be straight for anything.

The inimitable Miriam Margolyes appears on the cover of British Vogue as part of its Pride 2023 issue.

In her own words:

“Gay people have the luck to be able to fashion the relationship they want. It’s much more flexible for us,” she says. “I think we have more freedom than [straight people] do. Particularly gay boys, they’re always fucking everything. It’s amazing. I don’t know how they get away with it.”

Although she loves to see the “uninhibited young enjoying themselves”, she’s never been one for Pride marches. “I actually find lesbians a bit on the boring side, because they’re a bit heavy-handed about it all,” she says, deadpan. Still, she has always been proudly lesbian. “I think gay people are very lucky, because we are not conventional, we are a group slightly apart. It gives us an edge. We’re good artists, we’re good musicians. And I like being gay. I wouldn’t want to be straight for anything.”

Amen, sister!

Read the full article. It's a hoot!

[click any image to enlarge]

12 comments:

  1. Gay or straight, I think all people should choose their own lives. Except nasty kiddy-fiddlers.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Miriam Margolyes certainly has chosen her own life - and no-one's going to stop her! Jx

      Delete
  2. I adore Miriam Margolies. And I couldn't agree more with her closing line. People ask me if a pill came out to make us straight when I take it. I give them a huge hell no. To be blunt I like being fabulous and enjoy cock way too much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thus endeth today's sermon. Amen, my dear! Jx

      Delete
  3. That reminds me: I must read her first book!

    Love the photos - the one with 2 (on the floor, not coming through the door) is my favourite. And, you're right (of course), that linked article is a hoot!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I got a hardback copy of her book for last birthday (or maybe Xmas?), and still have yet to read it. The trouble with hardbacks is carrying them around (the only time I ever read a book is if I am in transit)... Jx

      Delete
  4. Adorable and adored. fab photos.
    and I am with her all the way, " I wouldn’t want to be straight for anything.”

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fabulous lady!
    Mr Devine stole my comment as I also still mean to read her book.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As per my reply to Mr DeVice, you're not alone in the guilt of not having even started it yet... Jx

      Delete
  6. Les Anglais ont des gens de grand caratere.
    Mademoiselle Margolyes n'a pas fait exception, elle etait exceptionnelle.
    *d'Anjou

    ReplyDelete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]