CAMP: "A cornucopia of frivolity, incongruity, theatricality, and humour." "A deadly, winking, sniggering, snuggling, chromium-plated, scent-impregnated, luminous, quivering, giggling, fruit-flavored, mincing, ice-covered heap of mother love." "The lie that tells the truth." "Ostentatious, exaggerated, affected, theatrical; effeminate or homosexual; pertaining to or characteristic of homosexuals."
To misquote "Madame Ponti": "Everything you see I owe to Spaghetti allo Scoglio!" Not sure if anyone ever included eels in that particular dish, but if it is just described as "mixed seafood" I don't see why not. Jx
+ La Loren - come la chiamiamo in Italia - porta splendidamente i suoi 92 anni e continua a vivere la vita appieno. La Sophia Loren che ammiriamo non esisterebbe senza Carlo Ponti ; fu lui a far sì che attirasse l’attenzione del pubblico. Lo “stuzzicadenti” di Pozzuoli ne ha fatta di strada :) Turinese 🇮🇹
Probably too much to ask, but I hope I look like that in 10 (eek!) years.
ReplyDeleteI expect Sophia wished she still looked like that, too! Jx
DeleteEat more jellied eels it worked for 'La Loren'
DeleteTo misquote "Madame Ponti": "Everything you see I owe to Spaghetti allo Scoglio!" Not sure if anyone ever included eels in that particular dish, but if it is just described as "mixed seafood" I don't see why not. Jx
DeleteI adore this woman.
ReplyDeletelove this photo
and thank you for giving me her cookery book.
You're welcome, dear! It is an utterly brilliant photo - I just had to post it. Jx
DeleteBut why is she on a London barge eating jellied eels??? Is this the secret to gorgeousness???
ReplyDeleteSx
Evidently so. Jx
DeleteShe was and is….quite lovely
ReplyDeleteAgreed! Jx
Delete+ La Loren - come la chiamiamo in Italia - porta splendidamente i suoi 92 anni e continua a vivere la vita appieno. La Sophia Loren che ammiriamo non esisterebbe senza Carlo Ponti ; fu lui a far sì che attirasse l’attenzione del pubblico.
ReplyDeleteLo “stuzzicadenti” di Pozzuoli ne ha fatta di strada :)
Turinese 🇮🇹
She may owe much of her fame to Mr Ponti, but her star ascended far higher than his... Jx
DeleteI LOVE this woman. Everything that is wonderful about being female, she embodies.
ReplyDeleteShe is magnificent beyond words! Jx
Delete