Monday 4 June 2012

Life is a banquet

















"Taste. You cannot buy such a rare and wonderful thing. You can`t send away for it in a catalogue. And I`m afraid it`s becoming obsolete."

"Acting is standing up naked and turning around very slowly."

"At MGM there was a first wave of top stars, and a second wave to replace them in case they got difficult. I was second in line of defence, behind Myrna Loy."

"Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death."


Rosalind Russell (4th June 1907 – 28th November 1976)

3 comments:

  1. "I was second in line of defense..." that's why I love her. So unaffected and clearheaded about it all, and with a sense of humor.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She certainly seemed to be one of the most "sorted" of all the stars who were her contemporaries (Bette, Joan, Lana and the rest). A fab actress, too! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]