Tuesday 1 January 2013

Getting away with it









"I had the upbringing a nun would envy. Until I was fifteen I was more familiar with Africa than my own body."

"The kind of people who always go on about whether a thing is in good taste invariably have very bad taste."

“Cleanse my heart... Give me the ability to rage correctly”

"My plays are about getting away with it and the ones who get away with it are the guilty, it's the innocents who get it in the neck. That all seems pretty true to life to me, not a fantasy at all. I've got away with it so far, and I'm going to go on."


John Kingsley ("Joe") Orton (1st January 1933 – 9th August 1967)

2 comments:

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]