Friday 11 June 2021

This weekend, I am mostly dressing casual...


...like the remarkable mezzo-soprano Risë Stevens, whose singing career spanned four decades from 1938 until she retired in 1961 [yet she lived on a further fifty-two years, till she was 99!], and encompassed twenty years at the New York Metropolitan Opera and stage and screen appearances opposite the likes of Ezio Pinza, Licia Albanese, Richard Tucker, Eleanor Steber, Nelson Eddy and - ahem - Bing Crosby!

He's not in this clip...

Sublime.

10 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, my dear! Jx

      Delete
  2. Do you intend on exposing your cleavage?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's unavoidable these days, I'm afraid... Jx

      Delete
  3. What's going on with the mini pirate hat fascinator (and veil)? I know it's a casual look weekend, but it's not fancy dress!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Every weekend is "fancy" round these parts, sweetie! Jx

      Delete
  4. What a lovely clip. And she could not possibly up the intensity or the toughness... wow. She has an edge. I bet she could take out Beverly Sills by the third round. Kizzes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Imagine those two in a fist-fight! Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]