Thursday 4 July 2024

A Legend

"I've never been intimidated by other actors because I'm an actor. I'm not in awe, but I certainly have respect for other wonderful actors."

"America is now obsessed by stars in an unhealthy way. They don't actually deserve this kind of attention. They're only actors - not scientists who are triumphing over cancer or doing some other wonderful thing."

"The longer you live, I believe, you learn so much about life that you have more to give."

"I don't wake up and say, 'Gee, it's a nice day, and I'm a legend.'"

We have another centenary to celebrate today - and the celebrant is, for a change, very much still with us!

The radiant Eva Marie Saint (for it is she), in her seven-decade career, starred opposite myriad fine actors - including Marlon Brando (in On The Waterfront), Cary Grant and James Mason (North By Northwest), Paul Newman (Exodus), Richard Burton and Elizabeth Taylor (The Sandpiper), and many more - and held her own against all of them. Now she is one of the very few survivors of that classic Hollywood era, outliving them all...

A stunning and talented woman.

Eva Marie Saint (born 4th July 1924)

4 comments:

  1. Cool blonde vibes - and I reckon she ate her greens.
    Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. How marvelous. And so often overlooked. Thanks for celebrating her.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of all the "Hitchcock Blondes", she did sort of fade out of view - possibly because her career peaked so early, and she never courted the headlines. She's a survivor, and we love her. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]