Friday 18 December 2020

This weekend, I am mostly dressing casual...

...like today's birthday girl, the remarkable Dame Gladys Cooper!

[...who shares her day with a bizarre range of mis-matched "names" including Betty Grable, sex god Brad Pitt, Dame Celia Johnson, Christina Aguilera, Fletcher Henderson, Archduke Franz Ferdinand of Austria, Michael Moorcock, Rosemary Leach, Keith Richards, HH Munro aka Saki, Steven Spielberg, Paul Klee, Willy Brandt, Billie Eilish, Queen Christina of Sweden, Joseph Stalin, Charles Wesley, Ray Liotta and Sia...]

6 comments:

  1. henry higgins' mother. and what a diverse group of people!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. "Henry! What a disagreeable surprise." Jx

      PS It never ceases to bemuse me how the mere accident of birth lumps together such disparate individuals...

      Delete
    2. google my birthdate and the collection is also interesting (september 6).

      Delete
    3. Indeed - you have Jo Anne Worley, Sylvester, Roger Waters, Buster Bloodvessel, Macy Gray, CeCe Peniston, Idris Elba, Dolores O'Riordan and Joseph Kennedy on there. Jx

      Delete
  2. casual but with an elegance of grace.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Now all I need is the Art Deco staircase. Jx

      Delete

Please leave a message - I value your comments!

[NB Bear with me if there is a delay - thanks to spammers I might need to approve comments]